Crescent School follows the overall and specific expectations of the Ontario Ministry of Education and then enriches each subject level to challenge our students.
Each September, Crescent administers the Canadian Test of Basic Skills (CTBS) to every Lower School student. This provides us with a general academic baseline for our boys and allows us to monitor their progress, and create individualized academic programs for them throughout their Lower School years.
Here are some Lower School curriculum highlights:
- Robust Information Studies/Literacy Program at every grade with author visits, social media awareness training and research skills.
- Dads' Read program (Grade 3-4)
- Kids' Lit Club (Grade 5-6)
- Vex Robotics program (Grade 5- 6)
- Superb performance choir with world tours every second year
- Yearly musicals and plays
Learn more:How we teach boys at CrescentAcademic support programs available at Crescent