Open to students in Grades 10 to 12
Trip Organizer: Georgia HardyMaximum number of Crescent students: 20
Estimated cost: $5,700–5,900 View itinerary
(includes trip registration link)
Qualifies for Duke of Edinburgh's Silver or Gold Adventurous Journey
Provides 10 community service hours
Northern Exposure: From BC's Galiano Island to the Yukon.
Immerse yourself in the beauty and splendour of BC’s Galiano Island and the Yukon. BC’s magnificently scenic island boasts untouched landscapes of mountains, bluffs, cliffs, reefs, peaceful beaches and flourishing forest reserves. Nature lovers delight in this quiet area's abundant wildlife that hosts over 130 bird species while orca whales, seals, otters, and sea lions cavort just off the shore. The trip moves north to Whitehorse for a touch of Gold Rush history in this buzzing Northern Canada city before moving to more wild, mountainous and sparsely populated parts of Yukon where participants will visit Kluane National Park, the world’s largest ice fields and take their pick of canoeing, salmon fishing, dog-sledding and hiking.
- Camp in the rainforest of western Canada
- Indigenous-led workshop on BC’s gulf coast
- Full-day sustainable dog-sledding adventure led by locals
- Go to a Nordic Yukon spa and have a crazy hair competition
- Challenge yourself with an ice climb
- Star gaze and view the northern lights
- Guided Cross country skiing adventure along the Olympic circuit
Note: Trip details are subject to change.