Your Guide to Applying
At Crescent School we believe that every child is unique. It is our mission to help each boy enrolled in our school become the very best that he can possibly be—academically, athletically, artistically and personally. Our Lower School, Middle School and Upper School programmes are designed to expand each student‘s horizons and expose him to a broad range of scholastic and co-curricular pursuits; always with the goal of creating an environment for personal discovery.
Unique and enriching challenges are the rule, not the exception at Crescent. We strive to give every boy the opportunity to develop his mind, body and spirit to its full potential. Sometimes, in areas where a boy feels less confident, this means providing encouragement. At other times, in areas where a boy excels, we raise the bar. Such is the careful balance we strike as we build Men of Character from Boys of Promise.
Each of the Lower School, Middle School and Upper School has an entry year. In the Lower School we aim to enrol 28 new grade 3 students, 12 new grade 4 students, 14 new grade 5 students and 6 new grade 6 students. Our Middle School enrols at least 20 new grade 7s annually, and our Upper School enrols about 12-15 new grade 9 boys to join Crescent School each year. From time to time places become available in grades 8, 10 and 11.
It is the policy of Crescent School to offer (at the discretion of the Director of Admissions, and to selected students and their parents) an opportunity for deferred admission for the term of one year for boys who have clearly distinguished themselves as a good match for Crescent School, but due to enrolment limits are unable to gain immediate entry.
How to Apply
The application for all grades is completed online, from our webste at www.crescentschool.org/apply. The application fee for domestic applicants (the applicant lives and attends school in Canada) is $150.00. The application fee for International applicants (the applicant lives and attends school outside of Canada) is $200.00. The application is the same for all grades.
- Choose your application, Domestic or International
- If this is your first time applying online, click New user registration to create an account. We recommend that you use your FirstnameLastname as your user name, i.e. ChrisAnthemum
- Choose who is completing the application form; An applicant or A parent or relative of the applicant.
- Complete the application. You may save your place and come back to the application at any time. You will receive a confirmation webpage will appear after your application is submitted. You will also receive a comfirmation e-mail.
- We require the following materials. These may accompany your application for admission or be submited at a later date.
- the previous year’s final report card
- proof of age document
- a recent photograph of the applicant’s face
- competed Questions For The Applicant document
You will also be required to submit your son’s current grade mid-year report card(s) when they become available and the applicable applicant Assessment form.
You may submit these documents using the “upload” buttons on the application or you may submit them later by:
- using the link provided in your confirmation e-mail or by visiting the Complete your application page.
- e-mailing them to email@example.com